Thursday, September 22, 2005

Voltage, Current and Resistance

Voltage is the potential energy between two points for a flow of electrons to occur. This flow of electrons is called a current. The material over which the electrons flow(conductor) will have a certain resistance to the flow of electrons. Typically, a material's resistance to the flow of electrons will be constant, and so you have a direct relationship where when you increase the voltage, the current will increase. The mathematical representation for this relationship is known as Ohms Law.
Ohms Law
V=IR
You can also increase the resistance across a circiut by adding resistors. If you maintain a constant voltage across the circuit, as you increase the resistance the current will decrease. In this case the resistance and current have an indirect relationship.


News for today:
Yoda continues to do well in his training. He really doesn't like the pinch collar I got for him. When you put it on him he acts real sad. But when he has it on he behaves perfectly, so I know he knows exactly what he needs to do. Hopefully if we continue training him with the pinch we can get him to a point where he does everything perfectly without the pinch collar on. When we took him to the pet store over the weekend we realized that he needed a pinch collar because he got way to excited and wasn't able to focus on his training. Maybe next weekend he will be better. Although I think I will take him PetSmart this time, because I didn't like most of the bones they had at Pet Supplies Plus.
A week from Friday is my last day at work before I go back to school. It will be nice to be back in classes, plus I will have more time off. I will still be just as busy because of studying, but at least I will have some time throughout the day available to get things done in, so I don't have to do everything at night. Most importantly, I will be getting home earlier than 7:30PM each night, which will make training Yoda before dark much easier, especially as it gets closer to winter

No comments: